1. Thou Shalt Not Flame or Troll. Even if you strongly hate the content of a post, and detest the individual to whom you're responding so strongly you dream of seeing Murlocs playing football with his internal organs, please exercise restraint and post without flames. (You are allowed, however, to make rude facial expressions and socially unacceptable hand gestures as you press "submit.") Do not bypass the word filter.
2. Thou Shalt Not Spam or Engage in Posting Wars. Post it once, and post it nice, and please don't ever post it twice. (There's a song there somewhere.) Pick a forum, pick a message, and that's that. Don't post in every forum with the same message. If it's a general post, use one of our general forums.
It gives us a warm feeling in our tummies that you care about your post count and your forum ranking. But if we see you posting meaningless tripe to edge up the count, or using the forum for chitchat better suited to a live chat room we'll ask you to stop. And reset your post counter to -450. Yeah, we're evil like that.
3. Thou Shalt Not Link Spam. We do not intend to serve as a linking service or a search engine to other sites. Links that wouldn't be allowed anywhere on the forums (including signatures, and location) would be to links to sites (commercial OR personal) that have:
A. Pornographic, racist or illegal materials, including game cheats or hacks
B. Profit sites (any get rich quick sites). This is sites that earn the poster a profit/commission or sites that give points for incoming links
C. Sites carrying ad-busting software
D. Spam links to your Youtube channels and continually bump your post.
4. Thou Shalt Not Post Naughty Links or Graven Images. Do this, you earn a dropkick into the next timezone and instant account deletion, without a second glance. A game may be rated Mature, but we all know there are a ton of kids of varying ages and lots of different types of people who play games and who visit our sites. Even if this wasn't the case, we just don't want pornography and other yucky stuff on our boards. No images can be posted to the servers here. Sorry, you don't get to vote on this one. No way of telling if someone will post up a rude image, or pull images directly slowing our servers down. We graciously give you an Avatar, and that's the limit of your "visual self-expression," as the interior designers say
5. Thou Shalt Not Pimp or aid the Pimping of hacks, Cheats or Farming. Hacks and Cheats are 3rd party programs that allow you to alter the way a player interacts with a game. This includes, but not restricted to Maphack and Pindlebot for Diablo and the same applies to other games. We do not support the use of these. You may not ask for help in creating a hack/cheat, a link to where you can find one, provide a link to where people can download one. However, the morality of using these programs is sometimes discussed and we allow these [within reason], unless it violates any other rule.
Advertising gold/item farming and any sale of in-game items for real-world currency is strictly forbidden. Linking to these services and their affiliates is also prohibited.
In any trading forums we do not allow people using trade hacks or Pindlebot and then peddling their wares on the forums. If using any of our trading forums you should make sure you are familiar with the Terms and Conditions as they apply to the forums also.
6. Thou Shalt Not Engage in Unnatural Bumping. We have a "bump up" feature, where the post with the most recent addition goes to the top of the forum listing. If your post is good, it'll be responded to. If it's responded to, it'll undergo the process we call Natural Bumping. Natural Bumping = good. Unnatural bumping = bad. Unnatural Bumping is where someone posts, "I'm adding this to put this thread back at the top." Do it, we slap your hand. Do it often, you pull back a bloody stump.
7. Thou Shalt Not Spoof. Don't make up an account name designed to resemble another poster. If you're banned for some reason, don't keep coming back with "Fred," "Fred the Undead" and "Fred Yet Again." If you were banned, take it like a man/woman? wellll, take it like a reasonable person, and accept your fate. We ban the person not the account so registering under a new nickname will result in that account being banned too. If you wish, you may appeal the account closure to the staff. Oh, and for goodness sake, don't make up additional accounts to respond to yourself. (People who talk to themselves used to be burned at the stake as witches; we still hold to that belief system ;)
8. Thou Shalt Not Get Territorial. If you post or submit something to any of our sites, -- be it an article, a news item, a forum post, a strategy guide, or a suggestion -- it becomes the property of the site. That means if we leave it in the forum, post it to our Strategy Compendium or put it into a Hall of Fame or whatever, it is still your work, but we have rights to it as well. If we allow it to be present on the site(s), or use it in any form, you agree that you have no financial claim against the site. We do not demand that items be exclusively ours, but once something it submitted to us for publication or posted in our forums, its removal is entirely at our discretion.
9. Thou Shalt Accept the Admin's Decisions. We, the mods and admins reserve the right to ban [temporarily or permanently] or place on Probation [limit privileges] any member of our forums without warning. We reserve the right to edit, move or remove any post made on our forums without warning or explanation. We reserve the right to edit any portion of a member profile without warning. You will accept all this gladly and with open arms because we do it with love.
10. Thou Shalt Not Mention "Freedom of Speech." Or we'll vomit. All over your Treads of Cthon, we promise you. This is a private forum, and you are our invited guests. The administrators have a tough job, trying to keep the forums clean and presentable while not willingly stifling open discussion. If a thread or post is locked or deleted, that was the necessary step to take in the judgment of the administrator. Please don't bandy irrelevant constitutional law and hope to plea the case for less "censorship." Don't start a vote, don't throw food, don't throw a hissy fit, don't light up torches and mob our central office. We don't censor, we exercise judgment and quality control on something in which we invest a lot of time and effort. We only accept posts written in English.
Legal Small Print: You use any of our site/forums and its affiliates in the full knowledge that advertising in the form of banner adverts, pop-ups, interstitials and embedded adverts appear on all pages. You agree to not interfere with the display of these adverts through banner blocking software or browser features.
We hold no responsibility for contents of posts made by members or off-site websites linked to on these forums. We are not liable for any damage or distress post contents cause to an individual or their property. You read these forums and follow offsite links at your own risk.
Anything we didn't say above, we hereby say herein and henceforth. Verily.